What Transcend Is
Transcend is the smallest, lightest and most portable CPAP. The complete system fits into a case about the size of a men’s overnight toiletry kit.
What Transcend Is Used For
Transcend is a Continuous Positive Air Pressure (CPAP) device and is used to treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
How to Describe the Transcend CPAP
Transcend is the first CPAP to overcome hurdles associated with using a bulky, hassle-ridden conventional CPAP. Features include:
- it is the smallest, most portable CPAP available
- it weighs less than 1 lb, making it the lightest CPAP on the market
- it is the only CPAP system that can be worn or used as a traditional CPAP via 6′ hose
- it uses low power consumption
- battery pack (4-cell and 8-cell sizes) and mobile power options allow Transcend use in remote locations
- first CPAP to use waterless humidification via a small, hygienic heat moisture exchanger (HME) that replaces the water-filled humidification chamber
- its universal AC power supply automatically converts power current outside the United States
- it automatically compensates therapy pressure to altitudes of up to 8,000 feet
- it is FAA compliant
- it stores up to 13 months of compliance information that can be emailed to physician/provider
- it measures Apnea-Hypopnea index and detects leaks
How is Transcend Different
Three features separate Transcend from other CPAPs on the market: its small size and light weight, its HME technology, and its small battery options.
Transcend weighs less than 1 lb and fits in the palm of your hand. Its special air-bearing blower technology delivers quiet, vibration-free therapy. Transcend is the only CPAP that can be worn as a complete, compact unit, or used as a traditional system compatible with any mask via the new Universal Hose Adaptor and standard six-foot hose. The six foot hose options can be mounted on the new optional docking station or placed on the bed, floor, or even in the bed stand drawer. Waterless Humidification makes this CPAP system even more convenient and hassle free.
Transcend is the first CPAP to use HME or heat moisture exchange technology, which is a proven, safe and effective approach to providing warm humidification to patients on oxygen in hospitals for decades. The Transcend HME is small, hygienic and disposable. It works by capturing moisture from your exhaled air and gives that moisture back to you when you inhale.
Transcend can be powered anywhere with battery packs available in 4-cell and 8-cell sizes. The 4-cell battery pack will power Transcend for approximately 7 to 9 hours and the 8-cell battery pack will power Transcend for approximately 14 to 16 hours. In addition to being used as a power source, the battery packs serve as a power source backup when used with AC line power. Should the power go out, Transcend will continue to provide patients with therapy.
The Company Behind TranscendSomnetics, International Inc. is a privately held Minnesota-based medical device company and is an emerging leader in customer-driven design, development, and production of respiratory medical devices. Somnetics’ mission is focused on integrating technology, customer input, and employee creativity to provide innovative, high quality products that improve the lives of people with respiratory disorders. It received FDA market clearance for the Transcend CPAP machine in July 2010. Transcend is protected by several issued and pending US and foreign patents.