Traveling with Transcend
Transcend is designed to go with you wherever your travels take you. We want you to enjoy the highest level of comfort and mobility with your new CPAP.
If you plan to use Transcend in-flight, we recommend you follow these tips to prepare for your trip:
- Contact the airline’s Medical Services at least two weeks prior to your travel date to obtain approval to use Transcend on-board.
- Carry a copy of the airline’s approval letter (if they provide one).
- Download a copy of the FAA_Transcend_PAP Compliance letter HERE and carry it with you while you travel.
- Carry a letter from your doctor that certifies your requirement to use a PAP device.
- If you are not using a Transcend battery on-board, arrange for seating next to a power source and verify the type of power cord or adapter needed for PAP use in-flight.
Other travel tips:
- Transcend automatically converts voltage , but may require a plug adapter for use in another country. If traveling outside your country of origin, be sure to pack the appropriate plug adapter for use in the country to which you are traveling. NOTE: Do not use a power converter with Transcend, as it may damage the device.
- If you plant to use the Transcend batteries during travel, it is best to fully charge them before you leave for your trip.
- Carry your prescription, medical equipment provider information, health insurance and contact information of your primary physician with you when you travel.
- If you experience technical difficulties with your Transcend equipment, contact your medical equipment provider or Transcend customer support for assistance: 877-621-9626.
Upon receiving a Transcend CPAP, you will find information to help you operate and care for your new system. For your convenience, we also provide the Transcend Quick Guide, and software manual here. Please consult this information as well as the Transcend FAQs page for answers to questions you may have.
Video User Guides:
Quick Guides (PDF):
User Manuals (PDF):
Software Manuals (PDF):
For use in the United States: Somnetics Sleep Apnea Software Revision B
For use outside of the United States: Somnetics Sleep Apnea Software Revision E
*Please note that the software is only recommended for use with Windows 7 and Windows XP operating systems.*